View Single Post
Old 11-20-2015, 12:26 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
AnvilheadII

i had an interesting spin on this ride recently here at work. for over 4 years i have been the sole adminstrative support for our group, which ranged from a low of 15 but has now ramped back up to a cast of characters of 22. i did everything from the change the lightbulb in the wall sconce in the hallway to putting together a $5 million dollar grant proposal, and just about everything in between. and i got to feel like the HERO a lot, cuz well there wasn't a lot of competition!

i loved it and i hated it. i had days where i'd say to myself there is NO WAY i can get all this sh!t done, can't they count, there is still only ME!
and then i had days where i was kickin' some serious Admin Ass!

not too long ago, we FINALLY hired an assistant! yay! HELP! really really awesome person, sharp as a tack, smart as a whip, an absolute perfect addition to the team. i have spent weeks training her on everything under the sun. (and quite well i might add!).

but NOW, staff are taking stuff directly to HER to do....which is the whole point but i find myself wanting to assert my authority, or intervene, so that they don't forget whose wearing the HERO cape around here. and then way in the back of my mind i worry, crap am i going to lose my job someday??????

just a really strange phenomena i wasn't really expecting....