Old 11-14-2015, 01:41 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Meraviglioso

Hey Rake, just wanted to share my experience from last night with you. Last night my boyfriend and I had planned a date night out to get sushi. When he came to pick me up he informed me that some of his colleagues and friends were also going to get sushi so he planned to meet them there. I was annoyed and nervous at first because I am really trying to buckle down and am just not in the most social mood right now. It would also be the first time socializing with these people although I have met them and know them.
Anyway, we went, there were 10 of us total. Very boisterous group, most quite a bit younger than me. When the waitress came and was taking our order someone said they wanted the japanese beer that came in a liter bottle. Then people said "make it two" " make it three" I had my head turned but I heard my boyfriend say "no she doesn't drink" so someone must have asked if I wanted one too. I ordered a bottle of sparkling water while everyone else at the table had a beer. When the waitress came and was handing out the bottles she held up the water (the only bottle different) and someone at the end of the table said "who has the water" and I indicated it was me.

Not one single person looked twice, asked why I ordered water, asked about my drinking or non-drinking habits or made any comment whatsoever about my beverage choice.
With the exception of the example I posted previously, I have found this to be the norm. In the right company, people don't really care about what you are drinking, they just care that you are there.