Old 11-12-2015, 03:42 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Fly N Buy
Trudgin

Originally Posted by Meraviglioso View Post
I have had the "just drink slower, have a glass of water between drinks, limit yourself to only 3 drinks a night" comments and you are right, they grate on the nerves.
I have only had one situation where someone was actually pushing a drink on me. This was during one of my former sobriety attempts a few years ago. We were at a restaurant and everyone was having wine. She made a comment that I looked so bored and miserable (I was, I was new to sobriety) and was really pushing me "come on, just have one, we won't let you have any more, just take it easy, it is fine" After more than enough "no thank you's" I had had enough of this bullish*t so I cleared my throat and calmly and clearly went on about a 5 minute spiel offering the most gory and horrendous examples of my over drinking. Explaining clearly and calmly that once the first sip of alcohol gets in my system I would rather rip her face off with my bare hands rather than stop. Telling the whole table about waking up in the morning and pouring a glass of wine just to get right enough to address the day then continuing to drink upwards of three bottles of wine throughout the day. The uncomfortable laughter stuttered into stunned silence. It was outrageously embarrassing. For her.
god I truly love alcoholics and so gravitate to those in recovery!!! HOF fame post........