View Single Post
Old 11-11-2015, 05:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Petabilt

Originally Posted by On The Road View Post
Hi Petabilt, so glad to hear how well you're doing in your own sobriety. You are an inspiration to me.

I don't give out advice about affairs of the heart because I truly believe it's a personal decision. Based on your quote above, it sounds like you've already answered your question.

Stick around SR, would love to hear more from you.
Thanks. I do often feel that I shouldn't be celebrating clean time when I'm all buggered up over the A. However, my sponsor lovingly points out to me that I'm not ingesting chemicals.

The question has been answered almost before it was asked. It is harder than I thought it would be, all of it.

I'm hanging with my girlfriends today, lunchtime meeting and then one in the evening. I want to stay busy, for now, because I'm not ready to let the disappointment, fear, anger, etc. etc. take over. I know they will come in spurts no matter how busy I stay and I have a three day weekend to be miserable about it all, so I'll unpack this stuff more then.

One thing recovery has taught me is the ability to put stuff aside to some extent and deal with it later. I used to think it was avoidance, now I realize I don't have the luxury of falling apart every time there are waves in my life and that there will always, eventually be an opportunity to wallow in the emotions, if I still need to do so. It like when I'm in the middle of a heated discussion that is going nowhere and I say "I gotta get out of here for a x amount of time and gain some perspective, then we can finish this."