View Single Post
Old 11-08-2015, 07:08 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Soberpotamus

Della, I didn't comment earlier about your biz trip because it's something that I wonder about myself. I've yet to travel sober, and so it's one of those big questions in my mind - how will I handle it?

I'm really odd when my routines are broken, I mean sometimes I do fine, other times it's extremely stressful for me. Whenever I've traveled in the past, I usually made sure I could drink. It was the way I dealt with the stress. Which in turn, created more stress of course, and we all know how that goes ...

Della, I've thought about this, and personally, I prefer to always have drinks I like nearby, that's coffee, tea, and club soda/seltzer, mineral water, etc. Also, you might think of a plan for when you're in the hotel room (assuming you will be in one), like have them empty out the minibar if possible, and get a room not close to a bar or lounge in the hotel, and maybe plan to watch a favorite movie on TV.

Above all, just remember ... no matter what happens ... you no longer drink. Just gently remind yourself that it's ok to have thoughts, but you don't have to act on them.