View Single Post
Old 11-08-2015, 07:00 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Tetra

Day 7 of Gratitude Challenge:

Today I am grateful for books.

"She reads books as one would breathe air, to fill up and live".

1) Probably the most important thing books can teach you is empathy. When you read a book, you choose to see the world through someone else's eyes for a while, and that's a powerful experience. Sometimes looking at someone else's situation - even if that someone is a fictional character - can help you see into your own. Whether I'm empathising with villains or heroes, that fellow feeling is something that I always treasure while reading.

2) A book can change everything. Some books are so threatening or dangerous, that people ban them or burn them.

3) I would say that almost every book I read teaches me something new. That's one of the many reasons why I do it. I love learning.

4) A book can be a friend. I try to look for books that push my thinking and help me to understand the experiences of others.

5) A book can bring people together. Some of the best conversations I've ever had have revolved around books.

I have lost myself between the pages of so many amazing books. I have gone on adventures, travelled the world, learned valuable lessons within the pages of stories.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
FB_IMG_1446994437680.jpg (39.1 KB, 40 views)