Old 11-06-2015, 10:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Garden Girl

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
I'm going to say it's the alcoholism. The time of the year and changes in our lives are not something we have control over. What we do have control over is whether we choose to drink or not. And I think you would agree that most of the problems you describe in your message are a direct result of drinking.

Coming here instead of drinking to seek advice is a great idea. You have a choice in front of you, and your alcoholism is trying to cloud your judgment. You know exactly what will happen if you drink...it will be more missed work, more anxiety, more hangovers, more problems in general.

Have you ever considered attending local AA/NA meetings ( or any other recovery group meeting ) or seeking specific alcohol counseling?
I did try AA and it was not optimal. They paired me with a lady who replaced a drinking addiction with a sex addiction and it was an extremely uncomfortable place for me, I will not be going back. I have been in counseling for a while now and it has helped me a great deal. Lastly, I started drinking again when things started falling apart, so no, they were not all a result of alcohol.