View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 08:27 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
fantail
now's the time

This morning I woke up fully dressed, belt and all; computer open next to me on the bed, phone on the bed... from working so much. Weeiiird way to wake up. After panicking I was relieved to realize that I hadn't done anything wrong. And I actually felt great. I can feel myself getting stronger physically, so hopefully soon I won't be so exhausted. But it feels pretty good to work hard and then sleep deeply. Haven't known that feeling in a long time.

I could use some advice. I'm going to the climbing gym tonight with a guy that I met a few weeks ago at an event. Which I'm happy about. But I don't really know how to navigate the situation... I can tell he's Interested-interested. I just want to be friends. This is one of those "if I'd been sober I'd have learned how to deal with this years ago" kinds of things. My MO in the past has just been to feign obliviousness and act like everyone's on the friend level until the guy either gets sad and goes away or decides that he's cool with just being friends. I know that's not great. But what's the mature way to deal? Do I have to say something? Or do I just not hang out with him again, which seems like a shame? He's a nice guy and outdoorsy, and I could see us being friends. But... it's pretty clear that what he's looking for is a girlfriend. Help?