View Single Post
Old 11-02-2015, 04:36 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  
3wolves

Hope everyone had a great Halloween, or fall festival. Time is flying by. So many things going on to keep me busy. Working all the hours I can get. My time off for these trips out of state is unpaid. Same for Mr3. Two out of six weeks bites into the budget.
Staying sober. It's easier than a month ago. The thought crosses my mind occasionally, yet I am not willing to go backwards. I feel a resolve that has been lacking in previous attempts. There is no arrogance in that statement. Mr3 says he sees a marked difference in my attitude. Less likely to get angry, he loves that I laugh more. He was apparently concerned that I would drink with our daughter. Congratulated me on my courage. His pride in me is a driving force for me to stay sober.
We have known a couple (j&l) for thirty years. Hadn't seen them in months. J came in today. I asked him how that crazy woman L was doing. He looks me in the eyes and said "the bitch is dead". Aghast, and apparently looking so, he went on to explain. July 6th they had a family "meeting". L was drinking and taking hydrocodone. Her family gave her an ultimatum. Go to rehab, THAT DAY, or J was moving out and kids, grands were done till she got clean. Everyone left, he went ten minutes down the road to pick up a check. He was gone a total of thirty minutes. When he returned, L was dead of a single self inflicted gunshot. My heart breaks for her family. He is SO angry. Their daughter....grandson....those hearts are shattered by addiction, in a way that will never be understood.
That's where y'all come in. Anonymous compassion, Kind words, pearls of wisdom.....it all matters when the addiction is crying for a fix.

We all matter.
Group hug.....