Thread: O/T light bulbs
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2015, 04:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
amy55

O/T light bulbs

Does anyone else feel that they need some kind of a degree to figure out what kind of light bulb you need? I have a "mood" light. Cost a lot of money. It supposedly gives you daylight. I needed that because I live in a cabin, and the daylight here is really not so terrific. I have developed "bat eyes".

So the light bulb goes out. I went and found on EBay the same model #, it came, I was so excited. I can see again. Bulb is smaller then the one I got originally. It doesn't clip in, but it did work. I got up to get some tape or something to hold the bulb in place. Cats jump up on the table, like they always do when something is new. Bulb, $42.00 dollars worth, falls out. It breaks.

I have tract lighting that I have to go onto the computer to figure out first, what they are, and then how to change them. I get advice like to use duct tape to twist the light bulb out.

I have ceiling lights in the basement. Took one out and tried to order replacements online. Afraid to see if replacements fit.

I did get rid of the mood lamp tonight and replaced it with a table lamp. At least that one has light bulbs that I know. Do you really need a degree now to change a light bulb?

amy