View Single Post
Old 10-22-2015, 12:52 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Bubovski

Originally Posted by zjw View Post
I like double barrels point about the 90 in 90 giving up drinking and replacing it with AA seems insane to me. But yeah if you have to do it to avoid the DUI on your record go for it.

I know a few folks where AA is like there life now. So be it i guess. Heck I probably spend too much time on SR lol. But its part of my routine to keep my sanity and such. Maybe thats what others do by going to AA non stop.

Once your done with whatever requirements you gotta fulfill it doesnt have to be AA that keeps you from the bottle. IT can be a host of things. coming here going for a walk drinking a cup of tea reading a book talking to a friend it doesnt have to be AA. BUT from my expierence it has to be somehting and for me it has to be something basicly daily. I think thats what they mean by sobriety "program" IE i'm following my program rararara. For me My program involves coming here running reading books and meditation. If i dont do these things daily i start to slip and I worry i'd slip up too far and start drinken.

For me AA is just something I toss into the picture now and then to help round me out give me a different perspective etc..
I don't think the courts here in Australia sentence people to 90 meetings in a row. The police do give AA here problem drinkers telephone numbers for AA to give them a call to recommend a meeting etc.