View Single Post
Old 10-22-2015, 07:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
zjw

Take it one step at a time and try not to give too much of it too much thought. I dunno how your AA group is. Mine? i go when i want here and there I sit there listen to the stories and offer a few words from time to time then I leave normally feeling pretty good. I dont dive into it much more then that.

I dont like following the book with anything in life i prefer to do stuff my way. of course this is what gets me into so much trouble becuase it aint burger king i cant always have it my way. I 've had to learn how to live life on lifes terms etc.. But the idea of systematically following the steps kinda screws with my head as well. becuase the reality is i'm not going to be somehow cured by going through all of those motions. But for me I think its good to be mindful of them practice them when needed not exactly in order etc.. its not an ok i did all 12 and i'm done sorta thing.

If you sit there tho all half cocked and ticked off about it you might miss something important. seriously you dont like aa? maybe 99% of what you hear there is crap to you but there might be that 1% where you go hmmm i kinda needed that today.... So try not to totally shut it out.

hang in there.