View Single Post
Old 10-22-2015, 06:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
ScottFromWI
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Debbie329 View Post
Scott I wish sober recovery counted towards the 90 meetings I'm going to be forced to go to. I like it here.....so much and I get so much out of it. It's why I have been able to stay sober for months at a time. I did listen to everyone intently and it seemed most were struggling w explaining how they've accepted step two. I just want the down and dirty advice. What I got out of it .......I drank because I wanted too.......period. Because that true........regardless of my anxiety and depression it was my decision. The higher power didn't come to my rescue because cause it doesn't exist. I lost control of myself and I could not stop myself no matter what. I wanted relief and relief I got.......w some bad, very bad consequences.
Again, just take what you can and leave the rest. As you said, speaker meeting or other non-step meetings might be more valuable. You cannot change the fact that you need to attend the meetings, so you might as well make the best of it. Fighting it and getting yourself all worked up is not going to help you at all.