View Single Post
Old 10-15-2015, 09:19 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Soberpotamus

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Mecanix said something to me in a note of encouragement… “None of this is the fault of being sober”.
That's profound, and true. Mexcanix, ever the wise one Thanks Mecanix.

And thanks Ken, this is a good title for me this week. I do need to check myself.

Yesterday I posted about the depression that's been creeping up on me lately, and I'm pretty sure it's because of the changing season, but still that's no reason for me to isolate and procrastinate and hole up like a hibernating bear, cause I'm no bear! I'm a hippopotamus.

But seriously, yeah I need to check myself. I've been pushing things to the side and it's so easy to let things pile up and succumb to the heavy inertia. Not sure why I tend to do this. Feeling overwhelmed? Afraid? I think so.

Inertia is the big one for me. Perfectionism. And it all leads to procrastination.

I see piles of books in this room and it's easy to feel like I'll never get to them.

I have found it's really hard to change a habit and to start a new one. I've even read books on it, lol.

I slip into the thinking of ... well, just today I will take a break from running, or take a break from doing kitchen cleaning, or laundry, etc. Instead of reading from one chapter, one load of dishes, one load of laundry, one mile... I somehow think I've got to read three chapters or none, three mile run or none, and so on.

So, there's my check for the day.

Now I'm going to do a load of dishes, laundry, and read one chapter (ah, see I just caught myself... about to type "a few" chapters).