View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 05:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Rar

Originally Posted by Gonnachange View Post
I don't post that often, but you're not going to get a pass from me on your original post. I'm not a medical professional, but did you inquire about the ratio of your good and bad cholesterol? I ask because I'm almost 58 and technically have high cholesterol, but my good is the highest my doctor, who has been practicing for over 30 years, has ever seen for a male and my ratio is off the charts. Look at the details.

Furthermore, my mother is in her mid 80's and I don't think I can keep up with her activity level. My inlaws are only a couple of years younger and leave a very active and fulfilling life. Sixty six? You have many years of happiness ahead of you if you chose to pursue that path.
Here are my numbers Gonna: Tot chol: 261, HDL 94, LDL 157, Triglycerides: 51. Supposedly the ratio is triglycerides to HDL. My ratio is excellent. However, the LDL - the bad stuff is high. (151). I know that the danger depends on particle size in NON-DIABETIC PEOPLE. All bets are off if you have diabetes. I have read the studies and statins aren't for me.

I am active too. Although I have COPD, I go to aerobics 4-6 times a week or golf (weather permitting)

My twin, also a diabetic, died of a heart attack at 58. Maybe I think the same is in store for me?