View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 10:41 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  
LittleSparrow

Hi guys! It's been a long time since I've been here, but you've all been in my thoughts. I'm about to hit my 2-year sober anniversary on Wednesday. Two years ago tomorrow, I was celebrating my friend's accomplishment of running her first marathon. I drank and drank and drank at the after-parties, totally out of control. The next day, I decided that I had to be done with drinking. You guys all helped me work hard to stay sober, and it was definitely not easy in the beginning. It has gotten easier over time, though. I surrounded myself with supportive people, my husband jumped on board (and has quit drinking, by his own choice), and I slowly turned my life around. In February, I started training for a marathon. I had never run over 5 miles before this. Yesterday, nearly two years after I began what I see as my new life, I completed my own first marathon. (Woohoo!!) I would never have been able to stick with the training if I had been drinking. My heart is so full of gratitude today because of all the help I've gotten along the way, and I wanted to stop by over here to let you know that you really were a big part of it, even though I've been MIA for a while. (Turns out, training for a marathon takes A LOT of time and energy--who knew, haha.)

Congratulations to everyone who is hitting their sober anniversary!