View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 06:37 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  
Briar
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Hey Arbor - it's Columbus Day. I'm working too, but the courts are closed, so it's casual dress day. It's a holiday in and of itself. I love seeing what people choose when they don't have to wear suits. Some years I even discover unknown tattoos. We are also having a luncheon, which will be nice as I'm feeling social.

Yesterday we took the little one to the movies for the first time. We watched "minions." I don't know if anyone else has seen it, but ...okay, I know that when I was a kid we watched all that Warner brothers stuff which was full of gratuitous violence. Maybe this movie was the same, just more heavy artillery, but I was surprised by how violent it was. It was even a little much for me. I looked around to see if there were mostly older kids in the theater, but they were little like mine. Am I just getting old? Anyway, it was fun, and she ate an astonishing quantity of popcorn, which is all part of the experience.

Missing V, hoping everything is going well with the procedure.

BD - I love bath melts! When the drought breaks, I can't wait to enjoy all that fun stuff again. Bath bombs, melts, and bubbles aren't as awesome in two inches of water.

The drought is pretty crazy right now. A nearby town has reached mega crisis level and banned all outdoor watering as well as ordered restaurants to only use disposable dishwear/utensils to minimize washing. They are straight up shutting off peoples' water if they prove themselves wasteful. I've been flushing our toilets with buckets of leftover bath water, which is not glamorous nor completely effective. It will be very nice to get some torrential El Niņo rain.