View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 04:48 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  
Tooshabby

Huh...my father's family were from Yorkshire...interesting.

I think the best thing about spring in New Zealand is the increased bird activity. It's very, very green over here. Billy Connolly once said he came into New Zealand for the umpteenth time and saw a banner 'save the trees!!!' He's was like, "there's nothing *but* trees!!?!!"

cbf and Fantail - if you are interested I started popping in on the 'reading sober' and 'writing sober' threads authored by courage. They're near the bottom of the thread list under inspirations/sayings and what not. Courage is a fan of mid-twentieth century American poets, Fantail. I think I read on one of your old posts when I was rummaging around on SR that you are a Raymond Caver fan, so you might enjoy it. Not many people frequent it, so I think she would enjoy more company, Just an idea :-)

I am not feeling remotely tempted to drink lately. I even went to a bar and didn't feel tempted. Could I have *finally* learnt to do what is best for me and my family?! The thought of drinking is a total turn off. Weird....but I like it!!!