Old 10-08-2015, 11:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
FireSprite

Originally Posted by FindingAmy View Post
my side looks very empty.
((((hugs)))) I'll bet it's so much more full than you realize. I say that because I think most of us, if not all, have experienced that same kind of blindness when we start our journey of healing from codependency.

I workout, i do yoga, i eat well.
^^This seems like an easy place to start, from my outside perspective. Do you attend classes or belong to a gym? If not, maybe try joining up somewhere short-term to see where it takes you in terms of new people, etc. If you already do, have you checked into what other types of services or classes they offer? I try to stay current with local seminars & classes that strike my fancy & slowly each step has led me to something new. We have a publication, Natural Awakenings, that is AWESOME for listing all kinds of things I wouldn't find out about otherwise. They publish it in a lot of different cities, so if you're in one of those areas it can be a great tool: Local Natural Awakenings Magazines and Websites - Natural Awakenings

Do you have other interests that you pushed aside for years & never attempted? Why not try now? Have you thought about doing volunteer work but never had the time? I found that I had to literally broaden my circle of people, places & things to give myself a chance to see what resonated & what didn't. I even started taking new routes to the same old places.

The flip side is taking time for yourself in ways you've probably never slowed down for before. Journaling, extra sleep, massage therapy, etc. Even small stuff like watching new/different tv shows was helpful to get me out of my rut & expose me to new ideas. I used to watch "whatever", "didn't care" what we had for dinner & was rarely ever passionate about something enough to make it more important than someone else's wants. It IS painfully hard, it's very uncomfortable to learn to prioritize yourself when you haven't for so long. I had to keep reiterating to myself that self-care is not AT ALL the same thing as being selfish.