Thread: Complacency
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2015, 05:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
thomas11

Originally Posted by jd1639 View Post
Starting my 26th day sober and woke up feeling kind of complacent and a little angry about having to go to work. My wife couldn't sleep all night and was in the bedroom reading with a light on until about 2:30 am. So I'm tired too.

So I need to buckle down and get back on my plan. Just wanted to write this because you all are so helpful and it'll help me hold myself accountable.
Good job on pushing through. I think many of us can understand not wanting to get out of that warm cozy bed to go do something we don't want to do. But history has proven to me, that we are capable of doing it. I have gone through a few bouts of alcohol withdrawal and one bout of ambien withdrawal. On those occasions I know for a fact I did not sleep at all for around 50 hrs, and yet worked through it. Sometimes work was the only respite because my mind was occupied with work as opposed to how miserable I was. I wouldn't recommend staying awake for long periods of time to anyone, but we can do it. Now, if I only get 3 hours of sleep, I'm still bummed out, but it is a heck of a lot better than 50 hrs with no sleep.