View Single Post
Old 10-06-2015, 07:30 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  
Holds1325

Thanks for all your replies and support

My appointment is at 2:15pm today, its now 8:30am here. The waiting begins! The doctor wanted to see me yesterday but couldn't because of something he had to be at.

Sobriety to me is like this new phase that I've never experienced before. Like I said, I've never experienced adulthood sober, from the time I moved out of my parents house until I got married, had children, I've been buzzing my feelings away.

Then I think, I know plenty of people that don't numb their emotions down with alcohol and yet they seem fine, they are functional and not overly nervous, how do they do it??

I slept terrible last night, kept waking up fearful. Before I went to bed I was feeling fine actually, sitting there on my couch, just finished a good dinner, playing my xbox, thinking hmm, well if something is horribly wrong with me physically then oh well I dont care, nothing I can do about it right now. Then 5 minutes later the massive panic attack hit me, the thoughts of doom, death flew in like a flood and then the symptoms began! It left about a half hour later which seems like forever but I got through it.

Woke up this morning feeling nauseated and of course tight feeling in my stomach!

Other than that, day 82 here I think, getting close to the fateful 90 days I keep hearing about. Hopefully its true what they say!