Thread: Imagine that!
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2015, 02:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Weasel1966
A simple guy making his way

Imagine that!

I am a very firm believer that we create our own worlds. Through thought that leads to actions. You cannot have a positive life with a negative mind.

But sadly I, like many of you here, have been either taught negativity or adopted it as a first language as we move through life.

We can change that. How do I know? I am doing it. It's a slow go for sure. Sometimes at a glaciers pace.

I had one of those nights sleeping where I was up and down, half asleep and then wide awake. Jolted by dreams that seemed real. I tend to remember dreams more than most people I know. I even remember forcing my eyes open to see if I was dreaming or awake. Haha I was dreaming. Well until that moment I opened my eyes anyway.

Here is what all this chatter was leading up to…. I started in on all the crap negative stuff I tell myself day in and day out. Started heading down Worthless Lane and right into Depressionville. How many morning have I woken feeling beaten before sunrise. Too many.

I actually remember telling that voice to stop. I don't accept that. That is not me. I am a good person. I don't have to believe you and I get to create this world for me. So stop!

Somewhere in there I feel back to sleep. Pretty sound I might say. That was three hours ago.

So imagine that. I am practicing stopping those thoughts before they get me that I even did it in my sleep. I woke feeling much better than I normally do. Like I broke a pattern right there.

Living sober is done through many small feats daily. Not a silver bullet. This one will keep me rolling a bit better today. Imagine that!!! Thank you!!!

Ken