View Single Post
Old 10-06-2015, 01:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Berrybean

The 12 and 12 is really good for getting more insight into the steps as outlined in the BB. It is available here (free) an can be read step by step. Alcoholics Anonymous : Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions

Linked with the permission of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc.

The thing is, the best way I have found of reading and studying it has been at a Big Book study meeting. We read a chapter (or a few pages - depending on how many people are there) and then reflect on it. Usually I gain a lot of insight listening to other people's responses (whether or not I agree with them) during these sessions than I have when I have just read the chapter or passage on my own.
Before I found the courage to go to that meeting I also made use on the Joe and Charlie BB study tapes on youtube which I also found useful and still listen to sometimes ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq72R27AJ3U

Just out of interest - why the reluctance to get a sponsor or go to live meetings?

Last edited by Dee74; 10-06-2015 at 04:56 AM. Reason: copyright declaration req when linking to aa.org