View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 11:20 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
QuietToday

Originally Posted by Aiko View Post
So happy u r getting your head ttund it!

maybe all in one go is too much...
just stick to not drinking!!!
avoid places what ever u do and you have an aim!!!
that is the most important!!!

maybe try nicotine patches or something!
they go directly to your blood and then calms the brain cravings,
they work if u have made up ur mind you hate them.
they are a chain and at a high price!
first you kick the habit and them cut down on nicotine the addiction!
WORKS!

I strugle with cigarretes too... if I am not on something I go back to fags!
I am an expert now... tryied all

be yourself and u will have real friends!
be drunk and ur head will be a mess... yo
u will fail college and then u will regretttt!
And u have agreat life ahead!
why miss it?

concentrate in what u want and with effort u will make it!
Glad ur sticking sober
Thanks, Aiko!

I'm definitely avoiding anywhere with alcohol at the moment. I don't feel the kick for booze like I do cigarettes, but as for as long as possible I'm staying away from anywhere that sells it, whether with meals or in package.

Cigarettes are really hard.... Depending on whether I slip up and buy a packet again, I will consider the patch as I really need to quit the things. I've no self-control at all with cigarettes just like wth booze; at least 20 cigarettes a day even when sober. I'm at 8 years with smoking, which is a drop in the bucket for some, but for me that's just about all I can take; my heart aches from morning to night anymore.

So far I feel relatively okay. 3 days without drinking, and 6 hours without having cigarettes.
It's weird. The cigarettes are an hourly want and make me feel crazy, whereas drinking I can go days without--- except, when the craving for the drink comes it really kicks my legs, fast.

So I'm being careful. If the cigarettes are too frustrating then I will either go to the patch or maybe let 'em back until I get a month or two sober and try again. But right now I'm optimistic; feel like I can do this, so long as I keep reminding myself at each and every craving what I've chosen sobriety for.