View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 01:00 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
QuietToday

Mostly succeeded? Didn't drink, but I took the shuttle off-campus and before I knew it bought a packet of cigarettes.

Not great, but I didn't drink anyway. Heart is really feeling crazy from cigarettes anymore so I guess I'll be trying again tomorrow. Don't have to go off campus for a while now as I'm all stocked up on food (eat like crazy in the first weeks of sobriety!) so I'm eager to try again.

Either way; didn't drink, and I didn't drink last night either. I did get to enjoy the day and took a good simple walk over to the mountain and just breathed and felt alright. Tonight I did some more in-depth work for one of my classes that if I was drinking probably wouldn't have done at all also.

Feels good already. It's only been a day and a half/two days but I can feel that that last drink is out of my system and I'm making an effort to focus on my sober being currently, to feel that confidence of my movements and the strength in my arms and legs again.

The cigarettes are a real bummer though; I want to get totally clean, and really come to understand and appreciate that. A big part of my falling off from sobriety is that I came back to school and was suddenly terrified that I couldn't make friends or meet girls without drinking. I'd forgotten about the physical confidence that sobriety offers, and caved in to that nonsense.

So I want to feel good, and I want to look good, and I want to understand that only through sobriety will I feel that way. And I'm rather positive that a confident and capable person is much more attractive than a slurring, ultra-vulnerable idiot.