View Single Post
Old 10-04-2015, 08:46 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  
venuscat

All caught up...hi Dazee
And 14 days or 15/16/17 is awesome Popeye.

Glad you have a reception venue you like Conquest....loved reading the wedding stories....what about yours phoebe?

Sometimes it is easy to get a little self-indulgent in recovery I think...we are working so hard on bettering our lives, and that's really really good. But with that comes a keen awareness of our moods and needs. Also good. Except as you said Mark, not everyone is doing cartwheels all of the time. Well, you didn't say that, but you know what I mean...for example, we had our AFL grand final here on Saturday. Biggest sporting day of the year in Australia. Loads of hype...I was in hospital Friday, came out Saturday and I was in a lot of pain. And I didn't know how to sit ~ I have stitches, LOL! And I was thinking about how this is only my second sober grand final ever. (I was drunk last year).

So I mostly stood up, sober, in the middle of my lounge room and it was obvious in 10 minutes that the game was over. One team just crashed and burned....shattering for millions of people. A total letdown. Completely unexpected. And I stood here, and said "Oops".

I think this is what we can learn to do with all of our "blah" moments, or crappy days...they happen. We get passed them. They make us grateful for the good moments when we do AMAZING things like use a tortilla to make pie crust. Yum. I really really want to eat that.