View Single Post
Old 10-04-2015, 05:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Londonlucy

Originally Posted by Mumma View Post
First time here, I spent hours reading your posts, and it has made me feel empowered, and just maybe I can stay sober too. My love is wine. I drink every weekend ( full binger) 2 bottles per sitting. If I can make an excuse to drink during the week I will and it's the same outcome. I can never just have one. I have tried so hard to be a social drinker but I have to admit I am an alcoholic. I have had too many regrets to mention and more hangovers I care to remember. I have been wanting to be sober for years now but because I can control the days I drink, I think it's ok but it's not, I still can not control the amount I drink. I have been blacking out for over 25 years now. People know me as a drinker ( drunk) which I hate to admit. So I going to change this. I have started counselling and trying to deal with my demons. I know this is going to be tough. But I will keep reading your posts to keep me focused and inspired. I no longer want to think about drinking anymore. It has consumed me for to long.
Hi Mumma. I think you and I must be twins! Wow, reading your post is like reading my life, it is honestly exactly the same, though recently my sitting has increased to nearly 3 bottles. I to am known as a drinker, friends say "she'll drink you under the tabke", or "make sure you have plenty of wine in if she visits", and like you years of blackouts. I used to be able to go days without but that also became a challenge, and I know that when I do I drink to oblivion. I looked on here for weeks, even months and took the courage on Thursday to go sober (yet again), so I am really new to this and it is a hourly struggle. Well done on counselling and coming on here, it is great and in the short time I have been here the difference these people have made to me is priceless. Good luck and welcome.