View Single Post
Old 10-04-2015, 04:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mumma

My long overdue admission

First time here, I spent hours reading your posts, and it has made me feel empowered, and just maybe I can stay sober too. My love is wine. I drink every weekend ( full binger) 2 bottles per sitting. If I can make an excuse to drink during the week I will and it's the same outcome. I can never just have one. I have tried so hard to be a social drinker but I have to admit I am an alcoholic. I have had too many regrets to mention and more hangovers I care to remember. I have been wanting to be sober for years now but because I can control the days I drink, I think it's ok but it's not, I still can not control the amount I drink. I have been blacking out for over 25 years now. People know me as a drinker ( drunk) which I hate to admit. So I going to change this. I have started counselling and trying to deal with my demons. I know this is going to be tough. But I will keep reading your posts to keep me focused and inspired. I no longer want to think about drinking anymore. It has consumed me for to long.