View Single Post
Old 10-04-2015, 02:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Madmartigan

Yeah this has sparked this huge debate in my head. Im an alcoholic for sure, and because of that fact if I were to relapse I'd be chugging a bottle of real and strong booze from the store, less than a half mile from my house, not cough syrup or mouthwash. But on the other hand why even risk it? I don't gain anything by testing the waters to see if any of it causes an urge to relapse. It hasn't yet but I guess it could in the future. Then again, I don't like obsessing over my past drinking problem. I want to move on and live my life not change or eliminate everything that reminds me of drinking. Honestly, there isn't one thing or person in my life that I couldn't tie to me drinking or have a drunk memory of. I drank everyday for a good decade, even if I sold everything cut ties with everyone I know and moved to the middle of the woods, desert, or north pole I'd still come across stuff that I can associate with drinking and cause urges. Middle of the woods? Mmm campfires and booze, snow and cold? Curling up on the couch and watch movies with booze, hot sun in the desert? Mmm getting drunk at the beach and laying on the sand. Sorry for rambling my mind is spinning not craving or struggling, just grappling with logic I guess. I guess my point is, if there really is a point to this post, that as aN alcoholic and living for 10 years drunk all the time, I can associate anything and everything with booze. So I guess you have to draw the line somewhere to determine what is a genuine risk to relapse, and what's just obsessing and romancing memories of booze.
I'm done blabbing now ... my applogize.