Thread: Denial
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2015, 11:56 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Saffy86

I cannot thank you enough for the support and understanding, teatreeoil007. I find people don't know what to say to me because they can't possibly understand, but on this forum we all truly understand what we are all going through. It's so appreciated xx

Hi Joie,
I remember your message back in the spring when your ex passed away. I have thought of you since and I hope you are doing ok.
I am super protective of my 2 girls because he has made me so cautious due to the things he has done. When he was still living with us, my little one was a small baby and she fell off the bed 3 times whilst in his care! He also hid pills all over the house in locations that were easily in reach of the girls. It makes me sick to think of it since he left, his behaviour only shows me someone who has progressed with his addiction, he has had no rehab or support or anything. My gut instinct as a mother is to keep my children protected until I see a man who is in recovery. But he's there sending me text after text saying he has sorted himself out and he will prove it (but then never does!). There is a part of me that thinks "what if he IS clean!?" But then I look at him and I just can't see it! Like your ex, he HATES that I insist on supervised visits. He tells me that surely I can see he is more than capable of being a father. But I see someone who is not who he was so I just can't trust him until I've seen absolute proof!! He says I'm being unfair on the children and not giving him the chance he needs to be a dad, I assume this is manipulation to guilt trip me to let him have what he wants. He wants to continue to use and to take the children when it suits him. I wonder if he too, like your ex, will eventually give up on the visits. Part of me hopes so, so we can move on without him. He is the same and doesn't actually do anything or care for the girls. Just wants to pick and choose when he sees them, but that's not being a father! I do everything for those girls and they are my world. My little one is not yet 2 and seems largely unaffected by the whole thing but my 4 year old is very insecure because of his behaviour. I wonder if this will affect her her whole life too, it's incredible the damage that an addict inflicts on those close to them.
Thank you so much for your kind words, honestly I get so much strength from you guys on here! You encourage me to keep doing the right thing and protect my innocent children from the destruction, even with his manipulations trying to stop me! xx