View Single Post
Old 10-03-2015, 11:53 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Reset

Originally Posted by heather59901 View Post
He went to rehab maybe because he was kind of pushed into it. Before he left, he said he didn't want to keep drinking, etc. However, he had moved out 2 months before to live with one of his friends. However, he ended up burning his bridge there when he stole and then drank his friend's wife's gallon of vodka. He came back home for the last week he was here before going to rehab. But I had made it clear that he could only stay here if he was going to leave fore rehab. I think a big part of him going was that he really had no where else to go, unfortunately.
Yeah that's too bad. I'm no expert but I was wondering if the rehab was his idea or not, because for someone to start drinking that soon out of rehab could be a pretty good indicator that they're really not all that invested in sobriety.

Like my doctor told me, "you have to really want to stop drinking" if you're going to be successful at it.

Wish I knew what to tell you. But it sounds like you have to do what's in the best interest of the kids and yourself until he decides that he's ready to turn things around. Do you think Al-Anon could help?