View Single Post
Old 10-02-2015, 06:47 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  
forabetterlife

Speaking of thoughts.... I've been realizing lately that you really can't believe Everything you think. For me that applies to drinking and my ended relationship. Sometimes thoughts and feelings come and they either aren't accurate, aren't good for us, or just out of habit. For example, drinking: I can't waste this night alone and opportunity to drink without hiding it, or I'll just drink today because it's Sunday (or fill in the reason) and then I'll hop right on the bandwagon,. All of those thoughts are flawed and ultimately detrimental to my happiness and well being. Even thoughts about my breakup: maybe he's not so bad, I ruined it and he's "the one", he's going to end up happy with someone else and I'll be alone and jealous. Those are just old thought patterns that I cling to and fall back on. I know better now!

Not sure if any of that makes sense. I just used to think that if I felt it or thought it, it had to be real and the truth. It's not always.

I am happy to be done with alcohol for the umpteenth time. Nothing good comes of it. Ever! I hope I've finally gotten that through my thick head.