View Single Post
Old 10-02-2015, 05:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
zjw

I get his kind of thinking. from one point of view I have a really great life but from another its the pits. I sat around while drinking and in early sobriety focused on all that was wrong wht my life totally blind to all that was right about my life. I mean sure i saw the good stuff but it wasnt enough to remove the sting from all the bad.

what helped me was to little by little focus on the good things each day as best i could whatever they might be each day. I have to continue to do this sort of thing. and to be greatful for what i do have etc..

I can recall thinking simlier things too i had a crap family growing up theres nothing even left of that family its been broken up and members scattered. I recall thinking the same things I wish i had a good family rararara when under my own roof I have a great one right here. I guess my issue was i can tend to be stuck in the past rather then seeing whats right here in front of me. Yeah I wont ever have a good childhood family but i can make my current one the best it can be etc..