View Single Post
Old 09-30-2015, 08:11 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Briar
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

It really has been an incredible journey. You guys carried me through an insane relapse, and I am forever grateful that I had a safe place to be with people who knew what was happening. I think without you guys I would have really lost myself in the isolation. And reflecting back on the past year with you all keeps me from forgetting what we've been through and how much better our lives are sober. I'm so proud of all of you. It's a real honor to be part of this group.

Healthy dinner tonight of steamed broccoli and moderately terrible baked chicken wrapped in a low carb tortilla. Let's see what 12 grams of fiber in one meal will do to me . Mark I bought some low carb tortillas but I didn't find the mission kind, the brand I got is La Tortilla Factory. I think they are actually a local brand, but they may be popular elsewhere. They taste pretty much like one would expect a low carb, low calorie, high fiber, and high protein sort of bread product to taste like. Not delectable, but fair enough as a vehicle for more decent food. Tomorrow my lunch is low fat tuna salad and spinach wrapped in one of those tortillas. Probably not the most delicious thing I will ever eat, but I sure do feel better when I eat healthy. Back when I was drinking, I lived mostly on burgers, hot dogs, and breakfast burritos. Plus absurd quantities of booze. No wonder I couldn't lose the baby weight. Duh!

Dark chocolate for dessert though . Yeah!

Another product I like, if you can get the Oroweat brand of bread where you are, is their double fiber whole wheat bread. 80 cals, 5g fiber, and 4g protein per slice. And it tastes like regular whole wheat bread. Good stuff!

Popeye I remember my body going through some pretty intense changes when I detoxed. I did see a doctor for the withdrawals, and I'm glad I did because it was kind of scary. If you're uncomfortable, it might be good to check in with a doctor.

Phoebe you have the right idea staying ready to exercise. Sometimes when I'm really not in the mood to walk, I'll put on my walking clothes anyway. After a while I usually come to accept it and just go. No way that would happen if I got home and jumped right into my jammies (which is often my preference).

I hope everyone is doing well.