View Single Post
Old 09-30-2015, 05:15 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  
Secretdrinker

Originally Posted by helpimalive View Post
Hi, I've been around on the forums a few days now this time around, but I didn't join this thread because when I got here it was already so long and everyone already knew each other and it was scary ... But I managed to read through all the posts on this Part 4, and I'm going to hope that's good enough. You seem like a great bunch, and there was a lot of smart stuff said in just the 100 or so posts I read. And I figure I'd like to join even though it's the end of the month of September since it seems that these class threads continue even after the month is over, so ... maybe it's okay?
I didn't even think about it, just jumped in with both feet lol! I actually don't know anyone here very well because I only joined a few weeks back but they're the most friendly and supportive bunch of people I have come across, so don't think, just post! If you don't have time to read back, don't, just check in with us and write about how you're getting on.

Originally Posted by Midton View Post
Beautiful Thursday morning here. The weather has been perfect since round Sunday. Warm days and cool nights with cloudless skies. Certainly makes it easier to feel positive.

I'm coming up to 4 weeks and hopefully next week I'll achieve a month. Making a month is a bit of a psychological border for me. It proves and show to myself so many things. Anxious to get there.

The deeper in time I get the easier it is to quickly and without fuss swat the cravings away. In saying that relapse is always around the corner. I made around 2 months in April/May and managed 100 days when I first joined.

I'm a morning person. I like beginnings mornings, Spring, new starts and positive thoughts, new chances to put the past behind us and achieve success. For those who are struggling the start of October brings a clean slate, a chance to nice again reinforce yourself.

Hope you all have a great, sober October ( in fact that actually rhymes).
I was scanning all the posts as I was reading back thinking 'hmm, gonna have to ask if anyone's seen Midton around'...because I remember what you said about pulling back and becoming distant.

So I was so glad to see your post

Day.....er....18? now...I say it everytime haha, memory sucks!

Yesterday I only had 1 craving, it was a bad one but I got through it with the help of all the advice and tips I have been reading over the last few weeks.
The best one so far for me, is simply knowing the craving is going to pass shortly, if I can just hold on a little longer, deep breathing, grabbing a cup of tea or something nice to eat, taking myself out of the situation if it's that that has triggered me, and just knowing it's simply my AV trying to trip me up in a moment of weakness, it all helps.

Beautiful day here in Australia so I'm off to the beach shortly.

Welcome to those that are new, huge hugs to those that are on day 1 (I'm glad you are still here with us) and congrats to those that have had another sober day!