Old 09-29-2015, 03:39 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
LBrain

Hi gang,
I heard of 'red sky at night sailor's delight'

Brain's tip of the day: When you spy a good looking ripe tomato on the counter and you just want to take a bite out of it. Don't! Especially if you are wearing a light colored button down shirt. Even if you are leaning over the sink first expecting some juice to drip. It looked like someone stabbed me in the chest.
Second tip: If you don't heed the first tip, jump in the shower right away with you shirt still on and wash it good.

Went grocery shopping alone - the way I like it. Left my note in the car. Got everything on the note. Except parsley wasn't on the list.

Also, a 2 quart ( a little more than 2 kilos) crockpot is not big enough to make a stew. Not the way I make it. Anywho, I boiled the potatoes separately after I rinsed them a couple times to get most of the starchy out.
Made a simple roux and then put it all together in a big pot. Picked up a baguette and smear slices with butter and enjoy your venison stew!

Neigbor saw me watering the 'grass' and said we're gonna get rain. I know. After I was done watering I broke out tarps and covered the lawn to keep the rain from washing away my grass seed. If you saw it you would understand. Perfect grass growing weather the past few days. Now we are going to get hammered by rain and that doesn't include the tropical storm rain from the south. I checked the weather more in the past week than I had in the past six months total.

Ruby, think of MONEY!