Nice, Tetra!
Old 09-29-2015, 05:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Good Tuesday morning y'all!

Good one tetra!
Old 09-29-2015, 06:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

wow, a part too... Way to be there Tetra!

Have agreat day every one. Lot's to do around here. Mrs LB has the day off. So I'll be extra busy today. I'm gonna use my brand new 2 qt crock pot for for venison leg today. BUt I need to also go grocery shopping. She'll probably join to make sure I don't buy things we don't really need, unless it's a camera.

Looks like Dee isn't fooling around this week. Rolled thread at 490...

Good to see you Trach
Old 09-29-2015, 06:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yay Tetra!!
Old 09-29-2015, 06:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good job, tetra!
Old 09-29-2015, 06:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good morning eveyone! Im trying to get excited about it being Tuesday. Gonna drink my coffee and get out for a nice walk...then I have a busy day at work in the plan. Can't complain. ..did I tell you? I went to look at cameras yesterday and got totally confused. There are so many choices. Maybe there is a class I can take. The poor salesman was trying to explain and it all went way over my head.
so anyway. ...have a great day everyone...enjoy this wonderful Tuesday with all we have to be grateful for. I'm going to count my blessings today.
Old 09-29-2015, 07:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Flu shot: Check!
Old 09-29-2015, 07:59 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

My kitties, Mischa and Nova. Best buds!
Old 09-29-2015, 08:03 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Coffee.

Tomorrow is jury duty. I have to be on the bus at 6:15 AM. That's pretty early. How am I gonna catch up on all my threads by then? I have to remember to feed the cats. . .

The flushing toilet - I've never had that happen, thank God. I would go to "spirits" rather than hoodlums, but I do have a recurring dream about a broken lock on the back door of my mother's house. I am never in my own place without the doors locked.

Jury duty. Do I wear business clothes or jeans? I'm taking two books and lunch just in case we're there all day. (And that was a rhetorical question. Jeans and sneakers.)

*ETA - dawwww! Kitties!
Old 09-29-2015, 08:31 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

There's about ~1/2 dozen credible Accounts from Pals re: interactions with 'Spirits' that made a Believer outta me.

One was a Realtor outta Denver. He listed a mid-Century beaut of a Home by a Lake. Momma passed away. Pops promptly moved out to a Senior High Rise Apt. Complex where he was the veritable hit of the Complex by virtue of having several Characteristics of critical importance to the Gals there: 1). Money 2). A Pulse.

My Pal occupied their House, by agreement. No one else there. No other Door Keys in the possession of someone else. No Pets.

He'd feel 'Momma's' Spirit sweep past him on the Stairs from the lower level. A cold 'rush' by that would raise the Hairs on his Neck. He said it felt as though she went right 'through' him. The Toilet would flush on it's own. No Plumbing problems evident, in that he was a Handyman Dude. He'd hear clicking steps on the Hardwood Floor above on the Main Level. This was in a 'transitional' part of Denver, so he always kept his Doors locked.

One night, he came back with Groceries. Pitch dark. No Motion Detection Lights were yet invented, mind you. Out loud, to himself, he said 'F**k, it's dark out here'! BAM! The Porch Light turned on.

He dropped the Groceries, and headed to his local Watering Hole for some Liquid Courage.

He soon moved out, spooked. Any number of 'indicators' over a few months suggested it was 'Momma' looking after the only House she'd known for so many Decades before passing on.
Old 09-29-2015, 08:47 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I have met a ghost. It's a long story, but I'm a believer - absolutely. She didn't mean any harm I don't think, but she moved things, turned on lights, caused her car horn to blow in the driveway with no one in the car, and no one near the car. Just pretty obvious stuff that I personally witnessed. She had died by getting hit by a car after an argument with her husband just a few months earlier. Young, like under 30. A few years later, the husband also died in his 40s in a plane crash.
Old 09-29-2015, 08:53 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Sweet kitties, MLD!
I believe in ghosts and spirits...I would love to see one, as long as it didn't scare me to death.
just had a glorious walk...4 miles...now I need to get to work.
Old 09-29-2015, 08:55 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hope everyone is having a good day
Old 09-29-2015, 09:16 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

I might need a looooong weekender thread because we are on Government Shutdown Watch 2015!

I don't actually believe it is going to happen, but one never knows.

Lots of emails this week explaining that everyone is essential, but some people are non-exempt from the furlough - which means you're getting furloughed if there is one (which means you're non-essential). But hey, they're trying.

Last time I was non-exempt for about 7 days and then suddenly I was exempt. I personally don't mind a couple of weeks furloughed. I'll get paid for it eventually, so it is the equivalent of extra vacation time to me. I am fortunate that I don't live paycheck to paycheck. I can see how it could really impact some of my co-workers who do. Either way I don't really care.

Have a great week y'all!
Old 09-29-2015, 09:25 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Mesa......apparently Men in retirement communities are a very hot commodity and in short supply. I used to hear all about it from various aunts.

I've had a few weird 'other worldly' experiences...I like to think it was my sister, though.

Marty....your kittens are adorable!

Now that I've been eating so much fruit, I don't like candy and other sweets nearly as much. Weird cause I never liked fruit before and thought it was too sweet. Now I think candy is too sweet. Hmm...maybe I'm finally growing up?!?! Yikes!
Old 09-29-2015, 09:28 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Nons...I love how they try and reassure everyone they are essential so as not to hurt anyone's feelings! Extra vacation time sounds pretty nice! Good luck!!
Old 09-29-2015, 09:39 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Was just reading up a bit on PAWS. Because I've been having some pretty crazy mood swings. Feeling sad and hopeless one day, with no energy to do anything, to feeling almost joyful the next. I thought maybe my underlying depression was ramping up, or that maybe there was something more serious along the mental illness spectrum going on. Well, from my reading, I'm finding out that, even after 10 months, it's not uncommon at all to still be having post acute withdrawal symptoms. That this can last up to 2 years!! Especially for someone with a history of traumatic brain injury like me. So - I feel a bit reassured, but I still don't like it one bit. Employing all of the tools in my toolbox, because I also know that feeling this way can be a relapse trigger. And I have noticed more urges creeping in. I can quickly get rid of them, but it's worrisome that they are even there. Might be time for me to find a therapist again. I stopped going to my last one about 3 months before I got sober. I'd like to find one who has some addiction counseling experience. Anyway - just rambling. Today is a low-energy day.
Old 09-29-2015, 10:46 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I've been very emotional the last few days which takes me by surprise. I pretty much boxed my emotions all up after both my parents died in 1997 and have often been frustrated by my inability to feel. Well, be careful what you wish for. No booze, yoga, meditation, whatever it is, I'm getting tears at the slightest things, but also gaining great enjoyment from simple things like playing with my grandson in the park. Anyway I'm at my table in my office reading stuff and feeling stuff, too. I like it. Eleven months. The eclipse Sunday felt like something was changing. It too was oddly emotional. Hope I'm not falling apart.