Old 09-29-2015, 02:27 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
saoutchik
saoutchik

Lol! Your right Ruby ( I wonder where the name Rachel came from).

Too tired maybe, I have had an exhausting day.
I posted this in another thread earlier this evening that I could remember an article in a Sunday newspaper magazine from the late 1970s headed "Thank God its Thursday" The premise being that with computerisation, new technologies and machines the working week for most people would be a lot shorter. It seems we have the gizmos but people seem to be working longer and harder than ever.

I have been OK with it this year because it is convenient to have a lot of hours filled that don't give me much time to think about drinking. I feel like I really have to be on the ball all the time. Being busy is fine if you're on top of things but there is no slack in the system. Maybe I need to reprioritise. Some days I really enjoy it (like the day last week when I posted all those pics). Other times I feel like I am running up the down escalator.
I know I shouldn't complain, people elsewhere have it much worse. (how I kept my job when I was drinking is a mystery)

Last drink 30th Dec 2014 - in a little over an hour and half I will be 9 months sober

Last edited by saoutchik; 09-29-2015 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Spelling