View Single Post
Old 09-29-2015, 01:56 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Frank14

Originally Posted by Frickaflip233 View Post
Hi Mathilda
So glad you're feeling well and reaping the benefits of a booze free brain.
So I talked to the neighbor and told her to lock her kitties in her garage at night. Ok, she seems to have done that. Check. But the little guys are always in my back yard. That's ok but I have dogs that would love to rip them to pieces. I let them out when I got home, didn't do a cat sweep, and they had the mama cat cornered before she could jump up on the fence. Had to intervene before both the cat and the dog got hurt. I have to be more careful, but I also have to let my dogs out. They are really senseless cats. Somebody is going to get hurt. I have an old male kitty who is bigger than all 3 kitties combined..he's a coone and weighs 24 lbs. Luckily he isn't too interested....5 years ago they'd all be toast. I would just hate for one to get hurt
Sorry, but I'm a cat lover, so I thought I'd put in my 2 cents. I would let your dogs out one at a time on a leash and let them come close to the cats (smell them, etc.). Do this over a period of days, so the dogs become somewhat familiar with the little guys. Hopefully this keeps them from chasing/injuring the cats. I have 3 cats and 2 dogs, and I'd love to be visited by kittens, but that's just me...