Old 09-29-2015, 01:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
CaliButterfly

Hi Serasan and welcome. I would also recommend the Friends & Family forum. While I'm a recovering alcoholic, I can tell you, from learning about addiction and knowing family of heroin addicts, that it is THE number one most difficult substance to recover from. While it is none of my business, I want to point out something. He only told you about his problem a few weeks ago, and ODd recently. IMHO, this is a huge red flag when it comes to his "recovery" - he's not. And as much as I hate to say it, he's not getting better. When it comes to alcohol & substance abuse, it's not like getting better from the flu where you slowly improve while still using. Addicts need to detox then abstain completely in order to recover. Period. This is coming from someone that has lived it. And to be completely honest, he shouldn't be trying to develop a new relationship in his current situation because drugs always come first to an addict. Always. They will lie, cheat, manipulate, steal, and do anything to get the next high. Please, for yourself, be very careful if you decide to continue the relationship. It has a very strong potential to be highly dramatic, stressful, and destructive. I wish you all the best.