Old 09-29-2015, 09:39 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
MLD51
Giving up is NOT an option.

Was just reading up a bit on PAWS. Because I've been having some pretty crazy mood swings. Feeling sad and hopeless one day, with no energy to do anything, to feeling almost joyful the next. I thought maybe my underlying depression was ramping up, or that maybe there was something more serious along the mental illness spectrum going on. Well, from my reading, I'm finding out that, even after 10 months, it's not uncommon at all to still be having post acute withdrawal symptoms. That this can last up to 2 years!! Especially for someone with a history of traumatic brain injury like me. So - I feel a bit reassured, but I still don't like it one bit. Employing all of the tools in my toolbox, because I also know that feeling this way can be a relapse trigger. And I have noticed more urges creeping in. I can quickly get rid of them, but it's worrisome that they are even there. Might be time for me to find a therapist again. I stopped going to my last one about 3 months before I got sober. I'd like to find one who has some addiction counseling experience. Anyway - just rambling. Today is a low-energy day.