View Single Post
Old 09-29-2015, 07:35 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
phoebe64

Phoebe - glad to hear the new program is going well so far. I hope it works for you. Do the portion sizes seem reasonable?

I have been hungry a few times. But I tend to budget food to have some left if I am hungry later, after dinner. I will always and forever be hungry in the evenings, I think. It is when I drank, when I snacked, and it is my addiction prime time for both of those things. So, I should probably allow myself all of my food through the day and just make myself shut down the kitchen at 7 or something. Only hot drinks after that. I am sure my body would eventually adjust.

If I have all the right foods around, I can be very full. I made a huge stir fry, sort of like fried rice, with cabbage, chicken and quinoa, and a few other things, all within the day's allowances. I could have eaten all of it that day, but it was too much. So, it is about choices. Some foods are more bulky and require more effort. Its okay. I have clearly been over eating, so of course, if I want to lose weight, I will feel like it is not "enough." KWIM?

What is good and different for me with this go round at weigh loss, other than many years ago, with WW, is I have a group and accountability. We log in each day to report that we exercised and share one meal we had. The coach seems very supportive and I know another person in the group.

Have 1.7 miles(2 short walks with the dog), and my Upper Body Fix done and dusted. So, if I do more walks or exercise, I am ahead of the game. Fell behind time-wise this morning due to a play date with Huxley. Unplanned, but always great to let him get rid of some energy! We bumped into his bff, whose owner is always eager to tire her out as well. Still need to shower and get to the grocery store.

I don't know how families with both parents working full time get it all done. I have the greatest admiration for you all. I stay home and feel like there is never enough time in the day for getting laundry done, house upkeep, getting fresh food, food prep, etc... plus all the appointments, etc... for the kids, dog...