View Single Post
Old 09-28-2015, 06:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Anthem

The weekend alcoholic

Uh oh It's Sunday! Those were the dreaded 4ish words that I would tell myself every single week. Hungover, barely able to walk, heart racing a thousand miles an hour, not able to sleep, but none of this mattered because it was Sunday and I hated Sunday over everything else! After a crazy party weekend, my liver was dry, my brain was burnt, I had the sick line at work memorized, cause I couldn't deal with life, I couldn't be an adult again, why do I have to adult for another 5 days! Ok it's only another 5 days I'd tell myself, it'll be over soon, come on, you can adult for another 5 days, then it'll be fun again! Yes that's right, it'll be all good!

I didn't think it was bad, I didn't think I had a problem, Hey I only drink and party on weekends ok stop bothering me! Yeah, party on weekends alright! So 2 days out of the week, I was riding high above the clouds, I was the happiest man alive, then it would hit... It's Sunday again, I have to be an adult and go to my stupid job, to get my stupid pay, to buy my stupid beer, to be able to go out next weekend and have fun! Ok let's do this!!! Yeahh!!! It's Friday, let's get drunk and party, Saturday morning hangover, who cares let's get rid of it by drinking again cause it's Saturday and I'll deal with the hangover tomorrow. Uh no, you won't believe it but it's Sunday again. I hate my life!!!!

After 95 days of being sober, I can actually say that I love Sunday's, it's a good day to go outside, get ready for the week and face all the great new challenges! Now that I'm no longer drunk on weekends, I can actually spend all week "hangover free" and be productive at work and actually feel valuable! I don't write very much on this website, but I tend to come a lot and read other people's posts. For some reason, knowing that I'm not alone through this fight helps a lot. Hope you all have an amazing week!!