View Single Post
Old 09-28-2015, 10:06 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Rar

Originally Posted by CaliButterfly View Post
Monday morning again? Already? The weekends seem to dissolve into the workweek much too quickly. But to inch closer to that one month mark is so exciting! And the best part is that my AH told me yesterday that he wants to cut back to the point of only drinking the absolute minimum. It's hopeful and he did great last night. What a boost for our relationship. That will be a wait-and-see proposition in longevity, but something is better than nothing! I hope everyone has a great week and kicks their AV to the curb. Hugs!
Hi Cali - First off - Way to go on your 'almost' month. I will be so excited when I get there too. YAY. 2nd thing - the highlighted caught my eye regarding your husband and I thought of my situation. Now, I'm not sure if my husband is an alcoholic, but he drinks a significant amount. What I've noticed about my husband is the same thing I noticed about myself when I was drinking: If I were to cut back or abstain for one day, I made up for it in quantity within the next couple of days. It's almost like I had to get my blood alcohol volume up to a certain threshold. I noticed my husband doing this. If he were to have only a couple, the next day he doubled or tripled the amount. I so hope your husband can moderate. It will make life so much easier for you.