View Single Post
Old 09-24-2015, 02:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
CaliButterfly

Sometimes Life Just Isn't Funny

Deep breath. I've been spewing how resolved I am at staying sober and not ever drinking again, and then today challenges that determination. My new husband has had a (married) female friend for years that he works with and doesn't have a friendship beyond work hours. I have struggled with this since day one since I have never met her and because of distance, doesn't seem to be a possibility. They email back & forth most days & see each other almost every week. He has no local male friends. I have repeatedly expressed my discomfort & sensitivity to it, but he refuses to reduce contact. They went out to lunch today for his birthday, which I was ok with because there were a few other people there and he mentioned it ahead of time. Then I get a text announcement an hour before quitting time that he's giving her a ride back to park-n-ride, about 40 minutes away, but close to our home. Considering my sensitivity and struggling (unfounded) jealousy, is it unfair to ask for him to run it by me ahead of time to see if I have a problem with it. His relationship with her is mostly secretive in that I am not included in it at all. All I want right now is a big, fat vodka mixer. And lucky me, I get to go home and watch him drink into oblivion. Argh!!!!!