Thread: Seasons
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2015, 08:25 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Aellyce

Originally Posted by LilyMarie View Post
autumn and winter are most certainly my favorites. I hate being cold, but I love nothing more than lighting candles and curling up with sweaters and blankets and hot tea and just spend a whole day reading books.
I could have written this!
Yes I think a lot of it is about seasonal activities, what the seasons offer to us. For example, my love of summer in the past was largely related to my love of going to the public pool or beaches for sunning, swimming, being almost naked and looking at people in the same state (or not even almost as I liked nude beaches). I did these things all the time when I was a kid and younger, but somehow have lost my interest in it gradually as I grew older (again, I think the drinking played a part as I isolated a lot as a drunk and became definitely less comfortable with my body).

On the anticipation (Justin's post)... yeah I have that pattern, too. I think it's part of the anxiety I am prone to. As a sober person now and younger though, I generally love change, new things, the unknown and taking sensible risks, so the change of seasons is also interesting as a change per se even when it's turning into spring or summer.

Bringing all this into the context of the main purpose of this forum (getting and staying sober), I am thinking that for those of us who have strong preferences for specific seasons, it's probably a good idea to be especially mindful and equipped when our less preferred season arrives every year.