View Single Post
Old 09-22-2015, 06:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
TxTrf81

Exclamation Suboxone 8/2 for Vicodin 5/325

Im worried I made a mistake. I've been tapering down off of a 3+ year addiction to Vicodin, taking 5/325s around 4-6 times a day depending on the pain. At my worst, I was taking around 20mgs at the same frequency.
Despite my success at reducing my intake, I've been unable to completely walk away from them. Yesterday, a person my fiancé knows randomly called to ask if she knew anyone that needed "something to assist in coming off an opiate addiction"..(my fiance's family has quite a bit of opiate abuse) & upon a quick google search, I had her agree to pick some up. It's Suboxone 8mg/2mg. I took a half of a strip this morning about two hours ago & for the first time in a very, very long time I haven't taken any Vicodin yet today. I realize the day is young, but historically, that would be the FIRST thing I did every morning. My question, I guess, is; I only got 4 strips of this product.. After reading a few threads about it on this forum, is it crazy to take this due to the kind of low dosage opiate use I was on? I suffer from Anxiety pretty bad.. Will this make it overwhelming? I realize I should have gone to a doctor before I took it certainly, but I was desperate to make pain medicine a part of my past. Thanks in advance! I'm excited at the chance to put this all in the rear-view!