Notices

Suboxone 8/2 for Vicodin 5/325

Old 09-22-2015, 06:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation Suboxone 8/2 for Vicodin 5/325

Im worried I made a mistake. I've been tapering down off of a 3+ year addiction to Vicodin, taking 5/325s around 4-6 times a day depending on the pain. At my worst, I was taking around 20mgs at the same frequency.
Despite my success at reducing my intake, I've been unable to completely walk away from them. Yesterday, a person my fiancé knows randomly called to ask if she knew anyone that needed "something to assist in coming off an opiate addiction"..(my fiance's family has quite a bit of opiate abuse) & upon a quick google search, I had her agree to pick some up. It's Suboxone 8mg/2mg. I took a half of a strip this morning about two hours ago & for the first time in a very, very long time I haven't taken any Vicodin yet today. I realize the day is young, but historically, that would be the FIRST thing I did every morning. My question, I guess, is; I only got 4 strips of this product.. After reading a few threads about it on this forum, is it crazy to take this due to the kind of low dosage opiate use I was on? I suffer from Anxiety pretty bad.. Will this make it overwhelming? I realize I should have gone to a doctor before I took it certainly, but I was desperate to make pain medicine a part of my past. Thanks in advance! I'm excited at the chance to put this all in the rear-view!
Old 09-22-2015, 06:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

You need to speak with a doctor about this, we cannot give medical advice here on the forum. Purchasing prescription medicine black market is not only dangerous but also illegal. Please see a doctor.
Old 09-22-2015, 06:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My reply was gonna be similar to what Scott said...
Old 09-22-2015, 06:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know you were hoping for more information but really, as Scott and LBrain said, see a doctor. Messing around with medications like that is no joke. In addition to being illegal, buying meds from some random is just plain sketchy. Not to mention you are probably paying through the roof for it when you could simply visit your doctor and get a legit, more affordable prescription if she or he thinks it is a solution for you.
Old 09-22-2015, 12:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Tx
Old 09-22-2015, 12:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You are trading a very minor opiate problem for a hard core serious opiate problem if you do not jump off sub immediately (5) to (7) days.

Yes, it is completely crazy to take for a 20 to 30 mg Vicodin habit.

I have weaned off 180 mgs of Rixys, Fentanyl patches, dilaudid and much higher Vicodin habits.

Jumping off of subs after a couple of weeks of use can be a nightmare and second only to coming off methadone.

Subs are also a very nasty synthetic drug that wreaks havoc in your system. The body cannot reach homeostasis with Bupe. Natural opiates are actually very, very harmless to the body. The dependency and Tylenol is what is the killer.
Old 09-23-2015, 10:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum TxTrf!!