View Single Post
Old 09-19-2015, 06:34 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  
gleefan

WWS - Your open-mindedness to listen to advice from others who've stayed sober and willingness to try their suggestions is how folks stay sober. Great job on your week!

KOC - I used to think I had all the answers. I had long operated independently of any spirituality or higher power. When I came to after my last drunk, though, I had a spiritual experience that cracked open the possibility to me that there may be a power higher than myself. Maybe I didn't have life all figured out. Throughout this journey in recovery, I've experienced coincidences and intuitions that kept opening that door. Opening up my soul, clearing it out, and making different choices, has led to happiness and hopefulness and motivation and peace. Keep at it, KoC.

Angie - How are you this morning? What's on the agenda today?? Gratitude lists help me a lot when I struggle. Make no mistake, I do struggle. Drinking was just one symptom of my alcoholism. I keep practicing tools to turn it around.

This week in New England has been full of beautiful top 10 days. All of this soup talk has me feeling better about the soup weather that's on its way. I'm thinking about making either a butternut squash or pumpkin soup. I'm grateful that something as simple as planning a healthy recipe that aligns with my health goals now helps keeps me positive and on the beam.

Have a great day Undies!!