Thread: End of the week
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2015, 11:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Holds1325

End of the week

So today is Friday, end of the week! Should be feeling okay right, like TGIF! and all.

However, Fridays have been very difficult lately. I'm not sure why but I think it might have to do with a long stressful week. At evenings during my week (except for a couple days there) I would feel fine, especially last night, I felt rather normal.

I was left home alone with the kids while my wife begins a new job. I felt pretty normal, happy, content etc. whatever that feeling is that you're not shooting through the roof happy but you're just "okay". Its sort of like you know you're not going to drink and u feel a tad bummed about it but at the same time you're okay with it and everything else. At the same time you don't feel doomed, sad etc. or indifferent really, you just feel fine!

Fridays though its these days that are difficult for me in sobriety, because I think for one, it was the go all out and drink whatever you want day that happens when you get off work. Also, all that stress from this long difficult week sort of builds up until today and hits ya at once.

How's Fridays for you?